R4 3DS Compatible • Nintendo 3DS Flash Cards
R4i Gold 3DS – Upgrade of R4 3DS from r4igold team.
R4i-gold.com worked on a more improved version of r4i-gold V1.58b kernel while other teams are busy hacking the 3DS console. The upgraded version of R4 3DS was eventually released later and broke Nintendo on May 3rd. Another software application called R4i-Gold V1.59b came out on the same day too.
Other R4 3DS Cards
NDS and DSi games also work on other flashcards in the market, such as M3i Zero, Acekard 2i, R40 Gold V2.0, R4iTT 3DS, Acekard 3, R4 3DS Ultra, and TT 3DS. Each R4 3DS card is uniquely designed. Since there are a lot of options, anyone can take his pick among these R4 cards for 3DS.
Setup Process for R4 3DS Flashcard
The entire setup process for R3 3DS with five steps can be seen on YouTube.
Each R4 3DS card uses different software but this does not make the setup method different for each. Here are the steps in the process:
1. Go to the official website and download the latest version of the kernel to your computer.
2. Unzip the kernel from its zipped patch.
3. Copy all the unzipped files to your micro SDHC card, particularly in the root directory.
4. Copy media files or games to the same place.
5. Insert the TF card to the 3DS R4 card then put the flash card into the console. Turn the console’s power on and start playing games or scanning the media files.
This flashcard also offers its own package, but it is still almost similar to the R4i SDHC V1.4.1 card. To differentiate the two cards from each other, the 3DS mark is printed on the latest version. Buy the card only from the website of r4i-sdhc.com to ensure that only a genuine flashcard is purchased. Each package should have the following accessories:
R4 SDHC 3DS Kernel
R4i SDHC 3DS uses powerful software, which is strengthened with every monthly update. The latest software used is R4i V1.36b, which was released this year on April 21st. The software already has good compatibility with the game console and boasts of 18 new games. Players can use the R4i SDHC kernel which is greatly compatible with the latest Nintendo games. The development team behind the card, r4i-sdhc team, has continually worked to improve the software. There is a huge possibility that the software will become even more attractive and powerful in the future, which will also greatly benefit the players.
The installation of R4 SDHC 3DS card can be accomplished in four easy steps such as the following:
1. Go to the official website of the R4i 3DS and download it from there. Look for the R4i 3DS version 1.36b.
2. Unzip the kernel into four separate files.
3. Copy all these files to the TF card’s root directory.
4. Copy any games to the same location in the TF card and start playing these games.
There is already a whole army of R4 DS NDS ROM cards that are compatible with Nintendo 3DS. They are not true N3DS cards as they run in DS-MODE on the 3DS and so they can be used to play DSi and NDS roms on the N3DS and are not yet compatible with 3DS ROMs. These cards include: Supercard DSTWO , M3i Zero , Supercard DSonei, Amazekard , EX4DS / EX4i , EZ Flash Vi , R4iCN , iSmart Premium and others.
If you want the best card with most features and you are ready to pay a little extra to get it I would suggest you to go for the SC3DS - SuperCard DStwo 3DS. Their exclusive GBA emulator with support for 90%+ of all GameBoy Advance games and DivX Player more than make up for ~$20 USD extra that you will have to pay for this card.
- SuperCard Team as predicted was able to update the SCDS2 firmware to make it into a Nintendo 3DS compatible SuperCard 3DS (SC3DS). If you can afford it this is the best, most feature rich DSi / 3DS flashcard on the market. SC3DS Nintendo DS rom compatibility is as good as it gets, with extra features like Real-Time Save game support (quick save / restore to any place in the game), Multiple Save Slots, Walkthrough / Game Guide support (pause the game to read a guide and continue playing), and other extras.
SuperCard DSTWO costs more because it has an additional CPU in the cart that adds the extra processing power needed for the built-in GBA emulator, MAME and SNES emulators and DivX / HD Video player. And just like other R4 3DS cards it can run NES, GB, GBC, Atari, SEGA and many more classic games on DS Lite, DSi and 3DS.
So with this card you get to play not only the huge DS / DSi game catalog, but also most of the classic video games form older consoles and GBA + SNES roms that other R4 cards can not handle.
- AK2i with a Nintendo 3DS compatibility update is also known as AceKard 3. Team Acekard has done it again. They were the first to get a working DSi card to the market and also now one of the first teams to crack the 3DS. At first they released a video proof - files were published after Euro 3DS come out to make sure that Nintendo has no chance of blocking the AceKard 3.
- supposedly the first kit to publish the proof that they have hacked the 3DS only 24h after it's release - respect!
- simply works on 3DS without any firmware updates needed. It looks like Nintendo simply didn't have this in their test labs when they were creating the blacklists :)
- NDS ROMs
- download free games for R4 3DS cards
- DS Torrents
- RomSets with 100 zipped files in each for faster transfer
- 3DS Rom.com
- specializes in new 3DS ROM game downloads and Homebrew games that use camera and extra CPU speed of the N3DS.
- Revolution Roms - R4 3DS Games
- NDS games and patches for R4, N5, AK2i, SuperCard and CycloDS iEVO flash cards
What are Top Nintendo DS ROM?
There are some great games that are * on the Nintendo DS Both of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass and soul tracks * Big Brain Academy: Test your brain Bros! Advance Wars Castlevania Games * * * * Mario Kart DS New Super Mario
What are Nintendo DS ROMs, here is the technical definition from - Nintendo DS ROM image, or simply NDS ROMs are computer files with a copy of all the data in a Read-Only Memory chips or a Nintendo Cartridge. The name roms is most often used to describe a video game cartridge backup, but sometimes it can be used for firmware of a smart phone (as in Android ROM and iPhone ROM) or computer's motherboard firmware or an arcade game backup copy (MAME ROM).
So How do NDS ROMs aka DS R4 roms work?
Download - unzip so you have a clean .nds file and not RAR or ZIP - copy the .nds R4 ROM to a microSD card, insert the microSD card into your R4 DS flash cart or Supercard DSTWO, or AceKard 2i, boot up your Nintendo DS and the games from the microSD card will show up in the game menu.
YES - R4 compatibility with N3DS has not been tested and confirmed, you can be absolutely sure that it works.
Nintendo tried to block R4 DS Flash Cards from running on 3DS by including a black-list in the firmware that did not allow the known backup devices to run on the 3DS, but this small obstacle was overcome less than 24 hours after the N3DS was official launch in Japan! Many teams are now actively working on cracking the 3DS MODE so that we can play 3DS ROM games as current generation of R4 3DS COMPATIBLE cards only plays older DS / DSi titles and not the new 3D games.
- R4 3DS.com - Nintendo R4i SDHC and R4 Gold 3DS card reviews.
- R4 Shop.com - buy all top flash cards at the official R4team store.
- Order cheapest R4 Nintendo Cards at the R4DS DS.com #1 online store.
- R4 DS Card - reviews most popular NDS, DSi and N3DS backup tools.
- Compare R43DS Cards and pick your favorite 3DS Memory Card.